Works - Specialist Decoration Works to the Great Hall, St Georges Hall
Value - £300k
Contract Length - 16 weeks - January 2022
Concerns were raised in 2020, following the failure of some of the paint finishes being apparent for those hosting events in the hall. Inspections were undertaken and a Schedule of Works was prepared by architects at Chambers Conservation Ltd for the conservation and repair of areas of failed paintwork, and potentially Plasterwork to the Great Hall Ceiling, St. George’s Hall in Liverpool.
Schedule of Works
As leading specialists in painting and decorating, we were selected as the Principal Contractor, to conserve and repair the ceilings in this Grade I Listed Building. Services provided included, but were not limited to:
- Use products approved to a British or Europe Standard only, providing certificates of compliance.
- Supervision and Inspection by a competent and qualified trades supervisor.
- Specified work carried out by qualified stonemasons, who were approved by the Architect or Contract Administrator pre-commencement.
- Protection of existing features at all times, any damage caused was made good to the satisfaction of the Architect or Contract Administrator.
- Removal of loose plaster by scalpel or blade and cleaning of areas, under strict supervision to ensure no damage to adjacent surfaces, including all preparation of backing plaster and sealing coats.
- Adequately safeguarding the site, the Works, products, materials, and any existing buildings affected by the Works, without undue inconvenience and nuisance and without danger to occupants and users.
- Provided full welfare, storage solutions and waste management for duration of the project
- Decoration in flat oil paint, including all relevant preparation, primer and undercoats.
“I’m delighted with the delivery and service of this project, provided by Hankinson Limited. The Hall maintains its world class standing.”
Liverpool City Council Media