Roy Hankinson Limited is the nominated specialist painting contractor for the Highways Agency in Areas 9 & 10.
The contract is carried out using a target cost/actual cost reimbursement, and all actual costs are subject to audit by the client's representative.
Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) plays a major role in the development of each scheme by allowing early identification of any potential issues that may affect either programme or costs. The benefit to the client is that cost predictability is greatly improved and additional costs incurred through compensation events are greatly reduced because detailed development of the scheme prior to the pricing phase can identify potential additional works and these can be incorporated into the initial target cost.
Scope of Works
- Erection and total encapsulation of scaffold framework to allow surface preparation/coating application to take place. Roy Hankinson Limited was responsible for preparing an AIP document to meet the requirements of BD2/05 in relation to the proposed scaffold.
- Abrasive blasting (by combined wet/dry blasting) to remove existing coatings from structural steelwork (approx 17,000m2 in 2 phases).
- Application of a 4-coat high build epoxy maintenance coating which is designed to give a 15-year life to first major maintenance.
- Traffic and pedestrian management.
- As lead specialist contractor Roy Hankinson Limited was also responsible for the provision of all equipment/services required to allow completion of the contract works, including the provision of all civils work.