GROUP HEALTH & SAFETY
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
The Board of Directors of the Hankinson Group (Roy Hankinson (Holdings) Ltd, R H Painting Ltd Whittle Programmed Maintenance Ltd and EP (Industrial & Commercial Painting) Ltd) regards the promotion of Health & Safety measures as a mutual objective for management and employees at all levels.
Hankinson Group is fully committed to achieving high standards of occupational health, safety and welfare, which will be maintained through the implementation and continual improvement of our Occupational Health and Safety performance, and via our Management System (H&S), based on BS OHSAS 18001:2007. We comply with current OH&S legislation and other requirements to which we subscribe and which relate to our OH&S hazards.
Our general policy is:
- to provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- to consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- to provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- to ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- to provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- to ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- to prevent accidents, injury and cases of work-related ill health;
- to reduce accidents and occurrences of work-related ill health in line with Government targets;
- to maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- to review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Specifically we will:
- maintain an up to date register of applicable OH&S legislation;
- ensure that appropriate risk assessments are carried out to identify hazards and determine the level of risk;
- put in place safe systems of work and risk control measures to meet legal and organisational needs;
- meet and where feasible aim to exceed legal minimum standards by employing best practicable means;
- meet and where feasible exceed the requirements of our clients and stakeholders in relation to OH&S;
- encourage the full participation of all employees in meeting OH&S objectives and targets;
- encourage employees to take ownership of OH&S issues through regular joint consultation;
- maintain good communications with all interested parties, which will aid the development of the OH&S management system and any ‘workplace’ and or ‘systems’ improvements that are required to be made;
- communicate the relevant parts of this Policy to all employees so they are aware of their obligations;
- ensure that monitoring and measurement of OH&S performance is achieved through audits and analysis of accident and near miss data to ensure that we continue to meet legal and organisational needs; and
- make this Policy available to any legitimate interested party who wishes to see it.
- when undertaking Rail work, comply with Rail Industry Standards, including those imposed by Network Rail.
Signed by: S R Hankinson Date: 5th October 2015
Mr. Stephen Hankinson
Group Chief Executive.